0) From the forward of Noam Chomsky's book Necessary Illusions, Thought Control In Democratic Societies; South End Press 1989
1) Most revealing is Dr. Kelloggs' own book reprinted in 1974 by Arno
Press, Inc.: Plain Facts For Old and Young; 1888; See the "Unchastity"
2) See the article "From Corn Flakes to Clitoridectomies" by Bill Andriette, P.92-96 Nov.1990 "The Guide" magazine.
3) See original "Media Control" speech under sub-heading "Spectator Democracy." Includes public policy leaders like Reinhold Niebuhr, "guru of George Kennan and the Kennedy intellectuals," Edward Bernays and Harold Lasswell. And ideas like the "Mohawk Valley Formula."
4) Take a look at The Theology of Medicine by Thomas Szasz, M.D. He draws convincing parallels in his demystification of "mental illness" which he shows is really only metaphorical language.
5) See The Essential Lippmann by Walter Lippmann; Random House; 1963
6) See A People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn p.p. 37, 38, 53-72 area.
7) See Bill C-128 or find transcript from CBC radio, C/o "Ideas" Box 500; Station A; Toronto, ON; SSW IE6 Canada
8) See Reflections of a Rock Lobster by Aaron Fricke.
9) For info on Thailand, see The Poison River by Steve Raymond Amsterdam
Press NY ('90's).
10) This is true of many "youth-run" city newspapers, too, which survive via corporate funding. Take "United Youth of Boston's" or New York's "New Youth Connections" newspapers: while these are "written by youth," both have an adult editorial staff in which the basic assumptions remain stable and make conclusions closely in line with the professional community. A quick comparison with "FPS" shows a stark difference, starting with the military ads.
12) SHOW ME! A Picture Book for Children and Parents; McBride, W. and Fleishhauer-Hardt, Dr.H.; St.Martin's Press NY 1975. A more recent German version entitled Zieg-Mal! is much less confrontive
13) For information on "unschooling," see Holt Associates in "For More Information" section.
14) See Regarding Proposed Changes To Article 240b of the Dutch Penal Code by Lawrence A.Stanley p.102, note 192; 1994. A further idea about the 1% part of the problem may be mostly due to the fact that most would-be lovers are taught to hate and fear themselves in our society and thus it isn't surprising that they might become the "monsters" that they're alleged to be.
15) See "So Much Slime, So Little Time" by Nikki Craft in "Changing Men" magazine issue #24. Also "On Our Backs" published this one.
16) For "child predators" see April '92 issue of the
17) See "Children's Rights: The Latest Crusade" in
"Time" magazine; December 25, 1972; p.41-42.
18) See such titles as CAL press's "ANARCHY, A Journal of Desire Armed," Mike Gunderloy's "Factsheet 5", and "EIDOS." All began in the mid-80's and continue to the present.
19) So far, the Men's Movement is being discredited and subverted
in interesting ways. In INDIANS ARE US? Ward Churchill attacks it
because of its leaders' promotion of a mis-use of native American
20) For a particularly bold promotion of vigilantism, see "Home
Court Advantage" by Doug Oakley in San Francisco's "The
Nose" magazine; Acme Publishing; call direct at: (800)528-1999.
21) See On The Run by Phillip Agee; Lyle Stuart, Inc.; Secaucus, NJ 1987
22) See Jeffrey Masson's "Against Therapy".
23) See "Who's Old Enough To Play?" by Bill Andriette in "The Guide" magazine p.p.22-25; 1989.
24) See "Legal Abuse in Dade County" by Alexander Cockburn,
"New Statesman & Society" March 19, '93 p.p. 12, 13.
and Apr.16, '93, p. 10.
25) See Sexual Experiences Between Men and Boys by Parker T.Rossman, p.170; 1976.
26) See "The Record" newspaper, Hackensack, NJ: "Some Call it Love, Most Call it a Crime" by Daniel Lazare; Feb. 9 '83. See also article on May 23 '84.
27) See AND THEY CALL IT HELP by Louise Armstrong; Addison-Wesley
Publishing Company; MA; 1993.
28) See THE THIRD ILGA PINK BOOK, A Global View of Lesbian and Gay Liberation and Oppression edited by A.Hendriks, R.Tielman and E.van der Veen; Prometheus; Buffalo, NY 1993. p.p. 249-342.
29) Personal communication with English activist.
30) Jeff Beane's article appeared in issue #23 of "Changing Men"
31) For info on the "Kanalratten": PF 3133; 1 Berlin; 30;
Germany. Publishes German language "Autonomer Frauenkalender."
32) See columns by "The Unicorn" (Jesse Calvacca, who outed
himself in "Out" magazine) in NAMBLA Bulletins around 1984.
33) Radical press titles like "FPS" (paper of Ann Arbor Youth
Liberation in the 70's), "Anarchy, A Journal of Desire
Armed" (#19-38), "EIDOS."
34) See ESCAPE FROM CHILDHOOD, The Needs and Rights of Children by John Holt; Holt Associates; 1972; p.p. 6, 7.
35) Necessary Illusions p. 208
36) John Holt coined this word.
37) See "PAN" magazine, now defunct, but available at research libraries like the Labadie Collection, Homodok and Anna Blaman Huis. (see info below)
38) See "highlights" p.4 of "The Canvas, Newsletter of the Grassroots Party of Minnesota" for info on d.e.a. pressure "to adopt a more prohibitionist stance." See also Regarding Proposed Changes by Stanley, p.p.14-16.