Give me a break folks
This is totally insane, as are all the other sex
offender hysteria laws
The Sun, 24 December 2006 - Author unknown; supposedly comment by a reader
* If the sex offender laws are kept, why discriminate?
If sex offenders must suffer for life and be on GPS, so should ANYONE
with a criminal record. If this is not done, then it is discrimination. Anyone
with a criminal record should be on a registry on the internet for the whole
world to see, and be on GPS for life.
DUI offenders should not be able to live XX feet from an alcohol store and
should have their license revoked. Drug dealers should not be able to live XX
feet from anywhere children congregate, so they cannot sell our kids drugs.
Murderers should not be able to life XX feet from ANYONE,
since they may kill again. DUI offenders kill more people than any other crime
(I believe), and I'm sure the entire public would love to know if a murderer,
thief, drug dealer, etc lives in their neighborhood. If all this was on the
internet for all to see, I'm sure everyone would NOT
leave their house at all. These people are everywhere. Why are sex offenders
being "scape goated"?
EVERYONE WITH A CRIMINAL RECORD SHOULD
OBIDE BY THE SAME LAWS SEX OFFENDERS HAVE TO OR IT'S DISCRIMINATION!!
* "Buffer Zones" are a false sense of security!
* "Buffer Zones" are banishing people from their town, state, and
possibly the country!
* "Buffer Zones" create homelessness, which costs society lost
productivity, individual dignity, and creates additional problems for enforcing
any accurate registry!
* "Buffer Zones" do nothing, except banish! If someone wanted to
re-offend, they'd just get in a car and drive!
* These laws protect nobody!
* "Stranger Danger" is a smoke screen & hype! Most child sexual
offenses occur by someone the child knows, like a family member or close friend!
* These laws are being passed by politicians using sex offenders as scape goats,
* Registries do NOT protect anyone
or prevent crimes!
* Registries are punishing sex offenders as well as their families and children,
and opening them up to vigilantism. DON'T
THE FAMILIES AND CHILDREN OF SEX OFFENDERS COUNT? They are suppose to be
"for the children", right?
* Registries are NOT being updated
in a timely fashion, so the public is getting false information! How is this
helping the public or protecting them when they cannot rely on them?
* Registries are putting families and children of sex offenders in a public
position to be socially outcast and discriminated against with regard to
employment, housing, schooling, etc!
* About 90% of the people on the registry are NOT
sexual predators or pedophiles that these laws were for in the first place!
* These laws cost millions, if not billions to enforce, and they cause prison
over-population, which is already a problem, especially in California! AND
TAX PAYERS PAY FOR ALL THIS!
* GPS does not prevent sexual crimes! Another false sense of security which cost
tons of money! Plus they are suppose to pay for this, which will eventually go
homeless. MAKE THE TAX PAYERS WHO WANT
THESE LAWS TO PAY FOR THEM!
* These laws cause sex offenders to go underground and into hiding, due to the
strict nature of the laws! How is this protecting anyone?
* These laws are all about money for law enforcement and votes for politicians.
Prison is a business! Politicians are salaried and want elected/re-elected! Law
enforcement get paid for people in jails, prisons or on the registry!
* These laws blatantly disregard the United States constitutional rights of all
citizens! (i.e. ex-post facto, due process & others)
* These laws are cruel and unusual punishment! A sex offender cannot go to a
fast food restaurant which has a playground! Why? We have just as must of a
right as you to get a burger! Plus they cannot go anywhere kids congregate,
which is endless (i.e. Amusement parks, Movie theaters, the list is endless)
* Sex offenders can go to church, but must leave immediately afterwards. If a
sex offender owns a business and someone decides to put a church or school next
door, they have to now sell their business and move. This is not right, move the
church or school, the sex offender was there first!
* These laws continue to punish people even after a sentence has been served,
and they are trying to get on with their lives! (i.e. ex-post facto)
* These laws are driven by fear-mongering, opportunistic politicians and will do
nothing to actually protect children!
* There are over one million women and children whose lives are inter-twined
with a sex offender in the United Stated. They should matter too!
* Follow the money trail, these laws are conveyor-belt laws to benefit law
enforcement! They get paid for the number of people in jail, prison or on the
* They are currently a one-size-fits all for sex offenders! Not all sex
offenders are predators or pedophiles that these laws are suppose to be for
* They are modern day witch hunts and a scarlett letter!
* If Sex Offenders are re-offending, why does the registries grow each day?
Because new people are being added daily for stuff like "public
urination", "mooning", "consensual sex", "young
children playing 'Doctor'" and various other minor offenses that we need
not worry about. We need to worry about predators & pedophiles!
* Now they are trying to make it a law that a sex offender, if they have kids,
cannot "take a picture" of anyone under 18. This is totally stupid!
Can't even take Christmas pictures, birthday pictures, etc!
* Also, because a sex offender owns a business in town, many people are trying
to get the business shut down! The sex offender had the business for awhile. If
you don't like it, MOVE!!!!
* The Nazi' did this back when Hitler was in power, with the Jews, Turks, etc.
* The thing about pedophiles not being able to take pictures of kids is stupid.
You'd better shred any pictures you have of your kids when they were babies,
like diaper changing, baths, etc, it may be seen as porn!